Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Wednesday 17th January 2007 at 7.30pm in The Nelson Room of the Village Hall.

 

 

ACTION

Present

Chairman Geoffrey Moulton, Vice Chairman David Hook, Liz Allen, Kevin Cunningham, Richard Delf, David Pointer, Peter Workman and Clerk - Ian Nelson. 

 

 

Members of the public present                                                                                              

None present.

 

 

Apologies

Apologies were received from Mr Rose and Mr Ellis.

 

 

Minutes of the previous meeting

The minutes of the meeting on 12th December 2006 were approved and signed.

 

 

Public Participation

None.

 

 

Planning Applications

 

New applications since the last meeting are:

 

Richard Baldry, 29 Alburgh Rd, Hempnall Green, Hempnall - Creation of wildlife pond and breeding area for wild birds, frog and newts etc – Recommended approval subject to appropriate conditions re shooting/noise restriction.

 

Saffron Housing Trust, Saffron Barn, Swan Lane, Long Stratton - Front extension to Millfields with glazed link to provide office for sheltered housing scheme plus new entrance lobby. – Recommended approval.

 

Mr. & Mrs. C Lehrbach, Ash Cottage, Field Lane, Hempnall - Single story rear extension – Recommended approval subject to planning officer / committee being satisfied as to the amount of parking available on site. – Recommended approval.

 

Mr. & Mrs. Jeffrey, Lime Tree Cottage, The Street, Hempnall - Rear 1st floor extension – Recommended approval.

 

Mr. & Mrs. Jeffrey, Lime Tree Cottage, The Street, Hempnall - Rear 1st floor extension including alterations to dwelling – Recommended approval.

 

Request for pre application comments

Mrs. Allen declared an interest.

 

LCC UK has written to ask for pre application comments re the proposed erection of a 15m T-Mobile mast at Manor farm, Field Lane Hempnall. It was agreed that the parish council would be guided by Norfolk County Council’s policy re phone masts and would support the views of Hempnall School Governors. The clerk to respond accordingly and copy to Mrs. Elston.

 

Appeals

Mrs. J Tyrrell re land adjacent to The Three Horseshoes, 53 Alburgh Road, Hempnall.

 

 

 

 

Applications approved since the last meeting are:

Richard Baldry, 29 Alburgh Rd, Hempnall Green, Hempnall - Creation of wildlife pond and breeding area for wild birds, frog and newts etc

 

Saffron Housing Trust, Saffron Barn, Swan Lane, Long Stratton - Front extension to Millfields with glazed link to provide office for sheltered housing scheme plus new entrance lobby.

 

G H Allen (Farms) ltd, The Willows, Bungay Rd, Hempnall - Erection of new grain store Bussey's Loke

 

Applications refused since the last meeting are:

Jeni Arnold & John Wharton, plot on west side of Field Lane, Hempnall - Proposed new Eco house dwelling.

 

Mr. & Mrs. Steward, 7 Knudsen Close, Hempnall - Demolition of conservatory and garage and erection of single storey extension to side and rear of dwelling.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ACTION

Hempnall School

Mrs. Allen declared an interest.

 

Mr Michael Franks, one of the governors, had emailed to express his thanks to the parish council for their support of the planning application.

 

It was noted that SNC had recommended refusal of the application.

 

 

Matters arising from previous parish council meeting

 

 

Trusteeship/Sale of  Parish Land - Hugmore

The clerk had informed SNC of the council’s decision. We await SNC re the possibility of recording the two plots of land with the Land Registry.

 

 

IN

 

St Margaret’s Church Topcroft

The clerk sent a letter of support.

 

 

 

Budget/Precept 2007/8

The Clerk had informed SNC of the required precept.

 

 

Village cleaning

The Clerk had written a letter of thanks and paid Mr Cracknell. Mr Cracknell had written to thank councillors and indicated that he would be pleased to continue during 2007.

 

 

 

 

Playing field grass cutting contract

The clerk had informed the tender respondents of the result.

 

 

 

 

Village Hall Car Park Repairs

The clerk had informed the tender respondents of the result and May Gurney had agreed to carry out the work in Spring 2007. May Gurney have since sold that arm of their business. Mr Ellis to contact the new owners of the business to ensure they will undertake the work at the same price.

 

 

 

 

 

JE

See-saw

SNC are still to inspect.

 

 

JE

Wind Farm

The clerk had responded to Mrs Ashford regarding the procedural point raised.

 

 

 

Ex Recycling Centre

The Clerk had liaised with SNC re any funding for the parish and the response is still awaited.

 

ACTION

 

IN

 

Footpaths

Progress report: - In the absence of Mr Rose the following points were carried forward:

 

  • Chase extra signeage for the three paths off Lower Lane– Mr Rose to progress.
  • Request attention to the Fairstead Lane footpath area that is normally boggy– Mr Rose to progress.

 

 

 

 

HR

 

HR

 

Back Lane Cutting

The clerk had arranged for this to be cut with NCC Countryside and is on a programme to be cut before April 2007. Mark Havens has been contracted to deal with.

 

 

War Memorial

The contractors are to carry out the work. The clerk to monitor.

 

IN

 

Play area equipment additions

The sub-committee reported that four new spring units at a cost of £2,100 had been ordered subject to confirmation that they comply with all relevant health and safety standards. Confirmation and delivery is awaited form the suppliers. Mr Ellis had kindly agreed to erect them in the play area.

 

 

 

 

 

JE

Refurbishment of Play Unit

Mr Medlar is to complete the repair work and Mr Ellis replaced the turret floors. Mr Ellis will follow up.

 

 

 

JE

Playing field poplar trees

Planting is complete.

 

 

 

 

Traffic parking at the junction of  Busseys Loke and The Street

The clerk had informed the head teacher of Hempnall School re the meeting.  Mr Moulton to arrange.

 

 

 

GM

 

Churchyard Risk Assessment

The clerk had arranged for Purfits to assess the suspected lose stones in question with a view to recommending what action, if any, was required. Report awaited.

 

 

IN

 

Next years meeting dates

The clerk had booked the village hall.

 

 

 

 

Website – new look

The clerk awaited the review of website policies.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IN

Correspondence

 

Information Packs

The items placed in the information pack envelope circulated to all Councillors on 17th January 2007 were:

 

NCC – Norfolk’s Local Transport Plan

Fieldwork magazine

Norfolk Matters – Dec 06

Norfolk Link No158

South  Norfolk Home Watch Newsletter 2006

Clerks & Councils Direct issue 49

 

No further matters were raised form the above.

 

ACTION

 

Items given directly to Councillors or representatives  since the last meeting were:

 

The White Paper, Strong and Prosperous Communities, a new vision for local government – all councillors on email.

Richard Carden about Local Democracy – all councillors on email.

Extract from the report of the NALC chief executive 12th December 2006 re White paper – all councillors on email.

 

No further matters were raised form the above.

 

 

Items placed directly onto the parish notice boards were:

Don’t be  a waster poster

Poster re Public meeting for the younger generations who like to socialise in the Long Stratton area

 

No further matters were raised form the above. 

 

Website

 

To date there have been 4003 hits on the site.

 

Added Parish Council draft minutes of  15th November 2006

Parish Council minutes of 28th September 2006 were made Undraft

Agenda for 12th December 2006 meeting.

Added Parish Council draft minutes of  12th December 2006

Parish Council minutes of 15th November 2006 were made Undraft

Agenda for 17th January2007 meeting.

Added 2007 parish council diary

 

No further matters were raised form the above.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Disclosed at Meeting

Correspondence read out by the Clerk at the meeting not covered elsewhere was as follows:

 

 

SNC Leaders attendance at Parish Council Meeting

Mrs Vivienne Clifford-Jackson had written to thank councillors for making her welcome at the meeting on 15th November.

 

 

Norfolk Police Authority 2007/8 Budget consultation evening

This will be held on 18th January in Wymondham. The clerk had informed Mr Ellis prior to the meeting.

 

 

Area Forum

This will take place on 21st March in Roydon Village Hall.

 

ACTION

NAPTC – Quality Status seminar

This will take place on 20th February at Park Farm Hotel, Hethersett.

 

 

Planning for Gypsies & Travellers in SN

The scoping document is open for comment until 29th January via SNC website.

 

 

Changes to East of England Plan

Consultations open until 9th March. Details available on www.goeast.gov.uk/goeast/planning/regional_planning/?a=42496

 

 

Moles

Mr Moulton read an email from Mrs Jill Turner, church warden, re moles in the old churchyard. It was agreed that Mr Cunningham would look into the problem and deal with the issue as well as possible.

 

The Clerk to check the position re setting traps with the council’s insurers.

 

 

 

 

KC

 

IN

Financial Statements

 

Movements since last meeting

The Clerk presented the financial statement attached to these minutes showing the movements from 15th November 2006 to 17th January 2007. The statement was in line with budget, Mr Delf proposed, Mr Workman seconded and it was unanimously agreed that the statement be approved.

 

 

Completion of Audit

The clerk reported that the external audit for the year ended 31st March 2006 had been completed and a clean audit report had been received. The clerk had displayed the relevant notices.

 

 

Playing field Users Association

Mr Delf stated that there had not been a meeting. The Clerk stated that an act of vandalism and the theft of mole traps had been reported to the police.

 

 

 

 

Play Area Report

In the absence of Mr Ellis there was nothing to report.

 

 

Website policies

The existing policies circulated by the clerk were reviewed and confirmed.  The clerk to review the DPA wording on other council sites and enhance the wording on the parish site if necessary. It was also agreed that each application by a business to be represented on the site would be reviewed by the parish council as it arose.

 

 

 

 

IN

Election of  parish council reps to Poor Charity

 

Mr. R Ladbrooke and Mrs. S Cundy are both due to retire this month as the parish council’s representatives on the above charity. Both have expressed their willingness to stand again but neither would be offended somebody else wished to be involved.

 

Mrs. Allen proposed, Mr. Pointer seconded and it was agreed unanimously that both Mr. R Ladbrooke and Mrs. S Cundy be put forward for election. The clerk to write to both to thank them for their work and notify the secretary of the charity of the parish council’s decision.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IN

Playing Field Hedge / Field Boundary

The hedge had been planted such that its centre was between 1m and 2m inside the southern and eastern boundary of the playing field instead of being panted on the boundary itself. The eastern boundary is clear as it is adjacent to the Long Lane however the southern boundary is less clear as it joins land farmed by the Allen’s. Mr R Allen had suggested an exchange of correspondence detailing the position of the southern boundary so that in future years the public land was not lost. It was agreed that Mr Hook would liaise with Mr Allen and prepare appropriate documentation.

 

ACTION

 

 

 

 

 

DH

Flood Risk Maps

Mr Hook proposed, Mr Pointer seconded and it was unanimously agreed that the clerk should contact the Environment Agency for a more detailed map of Hempnall which could be kept in the parish council’s records for reference.

 

 

 

 

IN

Mesh for Village Hall Car Park

Mr. Ellis had proposed, that as more car parking space was required, consideration should be given to the use of part of the playing field being prepared with mesh through which the grass would grow. This would provide a surface suitable for cars as an overflow area. It was agreed in principle and suggested that the Village Hall Committee and the PUA research the matter further.

 

 

 

 

 

 

JE

Winter Newsletter

  • Explanation of precept increase.
  • New play area equipment
  • Election – The clerk to provide councillors with a timetable.
  • School plans support

 

 

 

 

IN

Items for next agenda

  • Internal Audit
  • Parish meeting

 

 

 

 

Next Meeting

The next main meeting will be held on Wednesday 21st March 2007 at 8.00pm in The Loft of the Village Hall.

 

 

 

ALL

There being no further business, the meeting was closed at 8:45pm

 

 

 

 

 

Signed _____________________________________________Date 21st March 2007

 


 

FINANCIAL STATEMENT

 

 

 

 

 

 

Presented to meeting on 17th January 2007

 

 

 

 

 

 

Current Account

 

 

 

 

 

 

Payments/(Receipts)  since last meeting :

 

 

16/11/2006

CPRE subs

 

(26.00)

16/11/2006

Ian Smith grass cutting and churchyard

 

(532.80)

18/11/2006

tr bpa to c/a

 

400.00

18/11/2006

D Cracknell - litter clearance etc

 

(400.00)

20/12/2006

Barclays  storage charge

 

(1.00)

31/12/2006

tr bpa to c/a

 

650.00

31/12/2006

I Nelson Salary/home allowance

 

(615.73)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(525.53)

 

 

 

 

Closing Balance

 

415.41

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Business Premium Account

 

 

 

 

 

 

Payments/(Receipts) since previous meeting :

 

 

 

 

 

 

16/11/2006

Divi NSIB

 

46.37

18/11/2006

tr bpa to c/a

 

(400.00)

04/12/2006

Interest BPA

 

18.96

05/12/2006

Divi NSIB

 

46.03

31/12/2006

tr bpa to c/a

 

(650.00)

05/01/2007

Divi NSIB

 

49.14

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(889.50)

 

 

 

 

Closing Balance

 

7,777.89