Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Wednesday 4th June 2008 at 7.30pm in The Nelson Suite of the Village Hall.

 

 

ACTION

Present

Vice Chairman David Hook, Debbie Ashford, Kevin Cunningham, Richard Delf, Peter Workman, and Clerk - Ian Nelson.

 

 

Members of the public present†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

County Councillor Stella Rice.

 

 

Apologies

Apologies were received from Mrs Liz Allen , Geoffrey Moulton, Hamish Rose.

 

 

Minutes of the previous meeting

The minutes of the meeting on 21st May 2008 were approved and signed.

 

 

 

Public Participation

County Councillor Stella Rice made various contributions to the discussion throughout. She also stated that she would write in support of Hempnallís and the surrounding villageís recommendation for refusal of the Enertrag application.

 

 

 

Wind Farm

Mrs Ashford declared an interest in the Wind Farm item but remained in the meeting.

 

The clerk had submitted the councilís refusal recommendation as instructed and also circulated prior to the meeting the proposed detailed response as drafted by Mr Hook and the clerk.

 

Following discussion thereofit was agreed to enhance it by the addition of the following points:

  • SNC Leader, John Fuller, had made a commitment to the Landscape Sensitivity Study and it was agreed to call upon him to honour that now.
  • The cumulative impact considered and added if relevant.
  • PPS22 and PPS1 Ė further detail to be added.

 

Mr Workman proposed, Mr Delf seconded and it was unanimously agreed that Mr Hook and the clerk should amend the draft in accordance with the above points and email the final version to councillors at the time of final submission to SNC. It was further agreed to publish the response on the parish council website and submit copies to the members of SNC planning committee if the rules allow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DH/IN

 

IN

Planning Applications

 

New application since the last meeting:

None.

 

Applications approved since the last meeting:

Mr W Beckett, Ford End, Bungay Rd, Hempnall - To lower kerb on pavement.

 

Mr Chris Emms, Firs Farm Cottage, Silver Green, Hempnall - Erection of single storey extension to the front and rear of dwelling.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Policies

It was agreed to carry forward this matter until the July main meeting.

 

 

DH

 

 

Correspondence

 

ACTION

Public Telephone Removal

The public call box near the village sign is one of many boxes that BT propose to remove. The consultation period expires on 6th September. The clerk will erect a poster to this effect.This item to be placed on the agenda for next meeting.

 

 

 

 

IN

 

Visit to Bungay Football Cage

Mr Youngman had arranged for the councillors to visit the site on 5th June at 7pm, however only one member could attend so it was agreed to ask Mr Youngman to rearrange. The clerk to call members not present and Mr Youngman.

 

 

 

 

IN

Local Transport Plan Delivery Seminar

NCC are to hold this on 15th July 9am to 3pm at South Green Park Enterprise Centre, Mattishall.

 

 

Container of Playing field for Art Club

The clerk had investigated the planning permission position at SNC. He was told that it was likely that permission would be required but they would be happy to consider the matter further if details were submitted to them. The clerk to informed Mr Stamp of the above and advise him that although the parish council have no objection a formal application to SNC may be required.

 

 

 

 

 

 

IN

Betty Chapman commemorative seat

Mr Hook reported that permission had been sought to site this next to the tennis club shed, facing the tennis courts. It was agreed that this was acceptable. Mr Hook to inform Roger Davy.

 

 

 

 

DH

Dog Fouling

Mrs Florance had contacted the clerk to complain about the dog fouling on the footpath between The Street and Mill Rd. It was unanimously agreed that a dog bin should be purchased and erected in area near the bridge at the Street end of the path. Mrs Allen had already given the clerk permission to site the bin on her property. The Clerk to inform Mrs Florance, purchase the bin, arrange with SNC to have it emptied and arrange with Mrs Allen for its erection.

 

Mr Flarance had also requested that the parish council fund a webcam to enable her to monitor culprits and report them to the council so that the Dog Warden could take action. This was not approved, The clerk to inform Mrs Florance.

 

Mrs Allen had also informed the clerk that she was intending to erect signs to indicate dogs must be kept on leads in this area, especially following an incident with two children recently.

 

Mr Youngman had complained again about dog fouling on the playing field and had once again been asked to supply the names of the culprits with a view to reporting them to SNC for legal action.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IN

 

 

 

IN

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Items for next main meeting agenda

  • Public Telephone Removal
  • Planning Policies
  • Clerk's salary review
  • Summer newsletter
  • Other matters arising from meeting of 21/05/08

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IN

Next Meeting

The next main meeting will be held on Wednesday 16th July 2008 at 7.30pm in The Nelson Suite of the Village Hall.

 

ACTION

 

 

There being no further business, the meeting was closed at 8.35pm

 

 

 

 

 

 

Signed _____________________________________________Date 16th July 2008