Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Monday 20th April 2009 at 7.30pm in The Loft of the Village Hall.

 

 

ACTION

Present

Chairman Geoffrey Moulton, Vice Chairman David Hook, Liz Allen, Richard Delf, Peter Workman and the Clerk - Ian Nelson.

 

 

Members of the public present                                                                                                       

None

 

 

Apologies

Apologies were received from Hamish Rose, Debbie Ashford and District Councillor Michael Windridge.

 

 

Minutes of the previous meeting

The minutes of the parish council meeting on 18th March 2009 were approved and signed.

 

Mrs Allen said that under the heading “Hempnall School” it was reported in the parish meeting minutes of the 18th March 2009 that “Mrs Brookes asked what the current situation was with the school. Mr Hook reported that he had recently spoken to Mrs Elston and the delay was due to problems in purchasing the land.”  Mrs Allen stated that “the land was in fact available and the Allen’s were ready to sign from the beginning of December 2008.”

 

 

 

Public Participation

 

None

 

 

Planning Applications

 

New application since the last meeting:

Mr Neville Ward, Springwood Lodge, Barondole Lane, Hempnall. - Alterations to site boundaries, extension of residential curtilage and retention of studio building and shed. – Recommended Approval.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Applications approved since the last meeting:

Mrs J Tyrrell, The Annexe 51 Alburgh Rd, Hempnall - Removal of condition 1 on application 2008/2145 - Enable shop to sell bought in produce.

 

 

Tree Preservation Orders

The clerk had obtained details from SNC. The clerk to circulate to all councillors.

 

 

IN

Database

Mr Hook explained the database update procedure. It was noted that since it was last completed, the Queens Head had closed and the school had moved from first to primary status.  Mr Delf proposed and that Mr Workman seconded and it was unanimously agreed that Mr Hook should update and submit.

 

 

 

 

 

DH

Back Lane Willow Trees & Fencing

The clerk had contacted SNC to ask them to repair it but they said that although at the time the fence was erected they were responsible, this responsibility had now been transferred to NCC. The clerk had contacted NCC and was awaiting a response.

 

 

 

 

IN

 

Draft proposals for unitary local government in Norfolk

Mr Hook proposed the response detailed below and Mr Delf seconded and it was agreed by all except one abstention that the clerk to respond to the Boundary Committee accordingly.

 

“Hempnall Parish Council is not in favour of either of the unitary options proposed and in particular it regards the donut solution as totally unacceptable due to the fragmentation of existing services such as police, education and health.  We note that the views of people who wish to retain the status quo will be taken into account. Hempnall Parish Council supports the maintenance of the status quo. “

 

 

 

 

IN

ACTION

Hempnall Primary School Report

The clerk read this to the meeting.

 

 

Playing Field

The clerk stated that Mr Youngman had reported misuse of the playing field by dogs, golfers and motorbikes. Mr Delf proposed and Mrs Allen seconded and it was unanimously agreed that a double sided metallic sign be erected that can seen above parked cars stating :

 

 

NO

 

 

Unauthorised vehicles

Golf

Dog fouling

All dogs must be kept on leads

By order of Hempnall Parish Council

 

Mr Delf to obtain a quote.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

RD

 

Trial bikes and quads

Mr Hook stated that motorised vehicles must not be used on footpaths or bridleways. NCC to be contacted for advice regarding the recent rise in use of trial bikes and quads on footpaths and bridleways.

 

 

 

 

IN

Village Shop

Mr Hook explained the shop had been broken in to 5 times. The shop manager would be very grateful for the parish council’s support if they put in another planning application for security shutters. It was agreed that in principle the parish councillors present would look favourably at such an application.  Mr Hook to inform the shop manager.

 

 

 

 

 

DH

Items for next main meeting agenda

  • Lighting at Millfields
  • Prospective county councillors.

 

 

 

IN

 

Wind Turbines

Mrs Allen declared her prejudicial interest and left the meeting.

 

Mr Hook proposed and Mr Moulton seconded and it was unanimously agreed that the website should link to a Google map displaying the photographs of the blimp submitted by members of the public. The clerk to arrange an appropriate disclaimer to accompany the link along the lines of:

 

“This facility is provided by Hempnall Parish Council to display photographs of the blimp sent in by members of the public. Please refer to our legal notices.”

 

The legal notices referred to above links to the existing disclaimers on the website.

 

 

 

 

 

IN

 

There being no further business, the meeting was closed at 9.15 pm

 

ACTION

Signed ____________________________________________Date 20th May 2009